Managing Chronic Illness
through Lifestyle Medicine
FirstLine Therapy® is a 12 week, clinically designed, individual Therapeutic Lifestyle Change program which is comprehensive, customized to your health needs, and professionally supervised. We implement this through a personalized intervention that include behavior modifications, diet, exercise, and appropriate nutritional support.
We assess your current state and situation, run labs, and use SMART goals to ensure success. Over the 12 weeks you will visit with our Health Care Practitioner and Learning Educator 12 times for over 8 hours. We will perform an executive physical, run a battery of labs twice and provide materials/resources to help you along the way and a lifetime.
Health conditions that FirstLine Therapy can effectively address:
- Cardiovascular issues (heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke)
- Type 2 Diabetes and blood sugar issues
- Metabolic syndrome
- Fatigue Disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
- Men’s health (low testosterone, low sex drive, loss of vitality and muscle tone)
- Women’s health (menopause, hormone imbalance, PCOS, premenstrual syndrome)
- Mood and cognition (Alzheimer’s disease, depression, poor memory, lack of mental clarity)
- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Stress-related issues (fatigue, sleeplessness, poor overall health)
Many of these common health concerns can be reversed or even treated by making some simple, but important lifestyle changes.
FirstLine Therapy is about more then just weight loss.
- FLT can help you lose unhealthy fat while retaining healthy, lean muscle.
- FLT integrates body composition testing (fat & lean tissue ratios) – because being thin doesn’t necessarily mean you’re healthy.
- An imbalance in body composition (gaining too much fat or losing too much muscle) can lead to serious health problems such as high blood pressure, altered cholesterol levels, etc.
- Loss of muscle results in loss of ability to burn calories, which makes it much more difficult to maintain weight loss over time.
- FLT focuses on lifestyle factors that are the underlying cause of many health problems.
The FirstLine Therapy eating plan is different.
- Most diets focus on NOT eating — not eating fat, not eating carbs, or just plain not eating much of anything. With most diets, success is based primarily on will power.
- The FLT eating plan emphasizes the need to eat, and to eat frequently.
- The focus is on eating THE RIGHT KIND OF FOODS – the right kind of fat, the right kind of carbohydrates, and the right kind of protein — all in the right portion size.
- FLT incorporates a low- glycemic- index eating plan based on the latest scientific that will help you maintain stable blood sugar and energy levels.
- According to recent studies, low- glycemic diets are more effective than low fat diets in treating obesity, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, and type- 2 diabetes.
People report less hunger and more energy, making it much easier to stick with the program.
Progress Is Tracked using blood tests and Bio Impedance Analysis to track changes in body composition including body fat, lean tissue, hydration and overall cellular health.